We are looking for 2 dedicated and energetic volunteers/interns to join us as Community Mediators (Unpaid Positions)
The Cyprus Refugee Council (CyRC) is an independent, non -profit organization, that focuses on refugees, asylum seekers, detainees, trafficking victims and survivors of torture. CyRC strives to safeguard, support and advocate for the rights of vulnerable groups in Cyprus, promoting their effective integration into the host society. Focusing on refugees, asylum seekers, detainees, trafficking victims and survivors of torture, CyRC works closely with the local society in order to provide quality services at the individual, community and policy level.
To carry out our activities, we are looking for 2 Community Mediators, who will assist us reaching out to the local refugee communities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, written and oral.
- Good knowledge of Arabic and/or French, as well as good knowledge of at least one of the official languages of the organisation (English or Greek)
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Higher education degree or equivalent,
- Computer literacy: good working knowledge ofMicrosoft Office Tools, e-mail and Internet applications.
- Experience in working at community level with refugees and asylum seekers, will be considered an advantage
If you are interested in becoming part of a vibrant team, deepen your knowledge on asylum related issues and get valuable hands-on experience, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 22 205959.
We are happy to discuss and answer your inquiries!
Commencement Date: Immediate | Full time and/or Part-time involvement possible |