The Cyprus Refugee Council is interested to hire a motivated individual to work on projects related to refugees and victims of gender based violence.
The Cyprus Refugee Council is a non-governmental, non-profit organization with a focus on refugees, asylum seekers, trafficking victims and survivors of torture. CYRC strives to safeguard, support and advocate for the rights of vulnerable groups in Cyprus as well as promote their effective integration into local society.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide counseling and assistance to persons of concern in order to ensure that they have access to their rights as these are envisaged in national, European and international law;
2. Provide information, advice, and guidance to persons of concern both in group sessions and one-on-one meetings;
3. Assess vulnerabilities and needs during individual meetings and in conditions of emergency arrivals;
4. Liaise with the authorities to ensure persons of concern have access to their social rights and available services;
5. Liaise closely with other local organisations and partner organisations abroad;
6. Carry out project related administrative tasks and organization of advocacy activities;
7. Travel within Cyprus and abroad as requested.
Academic and Training Qualifications required
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or other related field.
· Training or experience related to project management is highly desired
· Training on sexual and gender based violence, counseling, and crisis intervention is desirable
Relevant Experience Required
· 2 years experience in social support, case management and counseling.
· Experience in project management.
· Experience in community mobilization and capacity-building.
· Experience working with vulnerable groups, particularly women.
· Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-national context.
Relevant Skills Required
· Excellent command of Greek and English language, knowledge of an additional language, such as Arabic or French, would be considered an asset.
· Excellent writing and drafting skills.
· Counseling and mentoring skills, both individually and in groups.
· Good knowledge of gender related issues and situation of asylum seekers and refugees in Cyprus
· Communication, inter-personal skills and team work
· Good computer skills, including excellent use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
Applications for both vacancies MUST include a CV and a cover letter. Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications : 11 November 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.